We Have A New Home!

Sponsored Links

Friday, April 15, 2011

Springtime Walks Begin Again

I love to take walks. My favorite walks are those after a great dinner, when I have to walk slower than normal, otherwise I'll get a side ache from being full combined with the moderate walk pace.

That is one of my biggest dislikes about winter in Minnesota. You can't take walks outside. Ok, you CAN. It's not IMPOSSIBLE. But it's NOT FUN. To me anyway. I bundled myself up several times this winter in an effort to go outside anyway, determined to walk our usual loop around the neighborhood. Battling below zero wind chills and wearing so many layers that I feel like Randy from A Christmas Story ["I can't put my arms down!!"] is not fun to me. It's not the same as taking a walk in the spring, summer or the fall.

Now that the temperatures are consistently above freezing, even at night, and the highs even once got up to SEVENTY so far this year, evening walks have been able to start up again. One night, I asked Matt to go for an after dinner walk, and I asked if it'd be annoying if I brought my camera. He said no; told me to bring it along. So I did.

We're at the very, very beginning stage of spring right now. There are a few blades of grass starting to grow and the snow had almost all melted. A nearby pond just opened up in the last few days, as the last of the ice melted. But all the area lakes are still iced up. There aren't any new leaves on the trees... yet. So the photos from our walk made me think more of fall than spring. More of the end of a season than a beginning. But let me tell you... the walk was very much invigorated with the presence of spring. Of people out walking on the sides of the road. Of people working on their cars in their driveways. Of people cooking dinner outside on their BBQ's.

Oh yes... spring is here.


LKR_1446
LKR_1447
LKR_1450
LKR_1452
LKR_1465
LKR_1474
LKR_1477
LKR_1485
LKR_1539
LKR_1549
LKR_1566
LKR_1596
LKR_1609
LKR_1610
LKR_1617
LKR_1638
LKR_1642
LKR_1646

2 comments:

  1. mmmm. I'm a sucker for a good picture of a path, and look, you found some green sprouting up! Spring is here, it's just wearing a blanket today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of the pine tree's, - so pretty and green!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS!!! I can't wait to hear from you!