We Have A New Home!

Sponsored Links

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The HOW - Laura Radniecki Images - Brainerd, MN Photography

This is the sixth and final post in the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY and HOW of Laura Radniecki Images series.

Click to read the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and WHY posts.

The last aspect we have yet to cover is the HOW.

The HOW:

How am I able to capture authentic images of your family?

I don't have any hidden secrets. My approach is quite simple. I observe, interact, and gently guide.

Sounds easy, right?

If you ask anyone who has had a session with me, they will tell you it is easy.

Most people are a little nervous and unsure of what to expect when the session begins. We start off easy, with me directing poses, interactions, giving cues for everyone to follow.

It doesn't take long before even the dads start to laugh and think, "This isn't so bad!"

I talk a lot during my sessions, and laugh even more. I give cues as to what I'm looking for, and how I want people to pose. Sometimes, I simply instruct an action - "Ok, let's have dad push little girl on the swings." And then I step back and observe. I watch for the natural interactions that will happen. I look for little moments, the grin of the girl as she tells her dad to push her higher on the swing.

We laugh, we play, we interact, I observe.

And after an hour or so, the session is over and you get to go home. The behind the scenes work begins for me then: the culling, the editing, the processing. When I am finished, you get to see your images.

The HOW is really quite simple. And fun. And painless. Even for men who hate getting their picture taken.

Blog1 Basballe_0095 Bennett1Yr_0048 LKR_0550

Thank you for following along on this series! My hope is that it has shed a little light on what my photography business is all about, and what it isn't. I want potential clients to have a better idea if I am a good fit for them. I want people to know what they should expect if they choose me to document their memories.

And a huge thanks to all of my loyal clients - I am so grateful that you have trusted me with your memories. I am continuously blessed by all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS!!! I can't wait to hear from you!