We Have A New Home!

Sponsored Links

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Love Your Camera - The Recap

Earlier this spring, I held a workshop for people who wanted to learn to love their DSLR cameras more than they already do. The Love Your Camera workshop was something I had thought of doing for awhile but nothing had come of it yet. I felt compelled to pull something together this spring before my summer wedding/portrait season got underway and thanks to some amazing women, it came together and went off without a hitch!

Like everything, it's a learning experience when you first start something. As it turns out, there was so much more I wanted to do and show the attendees that what I could fit into the time slot I had specified. We actually stayed longer than I had originally stated too. The next workshop is going to be much longer to allow for hands on shooting time.

Because I knew that I wanted to get out and shoot with the attendees, I scheduled a photo walk where we could all meet up for a bit and talk about the actual act of shooting. We'd already talked about aperture and shutter speed, what manual is and how to do it, and how to read the light meter. This was all about the practical side of taking the photographs. Of course, it decided to rain on the day that we'd planned the walk for, so only 2 of the ladies could make it. But I'm happy they did! I'm totally impressed by their progress in just the last month since the class. They are loving their cameras and taking better photos already!
LKR_6451
LKR_6456
LKR_6463
LKR_6467
The next Love Your Camera session be in the fall sometime. It will be a longer session with the first part dedicated to the technical information, and the second half will be hands on shooting. I have learned a lot from the first session, and this next one will be more refined and hopefully even better than the first one.

If you are interested in attending a future Love Your Camera session, I am compiling a mailing list to be able to send out information to. If you'd like to be added to that list, send me an email saying so to: lauraradniecki@gmail.com. If you would prefer a private tutoring session, that can be arranged as well.

A major thank you to Helene and Emily for coming out despite the rain to share your progress and to take a few photos. You gals rock!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Laura!
    Loved the class and the follow-up....even on a drizzly day. :)

    Helene

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS!!! I can't wait to hear from you!