We Have A New Home!

Sponsored Links

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Eric + Steph - Stillwater, MN Wedding Photography

When Steph told me about her and Eric's wedding plans, she told me that she wanted the day to be different than usual. Different than what wedding days are typically like. She wanted an evening ceremony outside, and a cocktail reception afterwards. She wanted the focus to be on good food, socializing and laughing. She told me that the wedding was going to be held at the Stillwater Public Library, and that they were staying in the Bed and Breakfast right next door, the Aurora Staples Inn. I've lived in Minnesota my whole life and I've heard numerous things about Stillwater, MN and yet - I had never been there before. So not only was I pumped because of the plans Steph had told me, and because they are the sweetest couple, so perfect together, but then I would get to photograph in a beautiful city, on the river, and at the notorious public library and a quaint B and B. YES PLEASE. Sign me up!

From the minute I set foot at the B and B, I knew we had hit the jackpot as far as photo locations go. The B and B had this beautiful garden in the back - think manicured sitting garden, not vegetable garden, and I knew it'd be perfect for the First Look. Steph was a vision in her wedding dress that was absolutely perfect for her. Her makeup was simple and elegant, and her hair - so classic and glamorous. I know she made me gasp, so you can only imagine how Eric reacted when seeing her for the first time!

SwansonWedding_0001
SwansonWedding_0012
SwansonWedding_0014
Blog1
Blog2
Eric was ready to see his bride. 
SwansonWedding_0032
Blog3
SwansonWedding_0035
I just love the First Look. The wedding day is full of jitters, usually about being up in front of all the guests at the wedding. The walk down the aisle is packed full of nerves and once you're up there, you can't talk, hug or say much. That is why I think the First Look is such a beautiful moment - allowing the bride and groom a private moment to see each other for the first time, to touch and laugh and cry, and to be able to spend the rest of the day side by side. It's often times one of the couple's favorite parts of their wedding day.
SwansonWedding_0042
Blog4
SwansonWedding_0101
SwansonWedding_0108
Blog5
You know how some people just fit. They just seem like God designed them for one another? That's the feeling I get when I look at Steph and Eric. They are meant to be together. They simply fit.
SwansonWedding_0126
SwansonWedding_0128
Blog6
SwansonWedding_0154
SwansonWedding_0173
Blog7
The ceremony and reception were on the rooftop of the Stillwater Public Library. The view was spectacular, overlooking the river.
SwansonWedding_0255
SwansonWedding_0264
SwansonWedding_0304
SwansonWedding_0324
SwansonWedding_0337
SwansonWedding_0350
SwansonWedding_0359
SwansonWedding_0367
It had sprinkled a little bit earlier in the day and I sent out prayer texts to get rid of the rain. It worked, and the sprinkles dried up right as the First Look was beginning. By the time the ceremony ended, the clouds were giving way to patches of blue, and a few sun rays made their way through.
SwansonWedding_0412
SwansonWedding_0433

Steph and Eric - I am so thankful that you two chose me to photograph your wedding day. Not only was I able to go to a town I've never been to yet [I have no idea why this was my first time visiting Stillwater!?!] and shoot in new, amazing locations, but to be able to spend time with the two of your on the most amazing day of your lives, documenting your love... well let's say I felt extremely grateful. The day was beautiful, everything went smoothly, and I hope you love these images. I wish you all the best in your marriage. xx, Laura

2 comments:

  1. I love the Just Married sign photo. Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photographs of the bride and groom (and Stillwater Public Library looks great too)!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS!!! I can't wait to hear from you!